The project comprised of two cycleway/foot-bridges, approximately 450 metres apart, which span the Lea Navigation waterway either side of Hackney Wick railway station. Source Civil were subcontracted by Sisk to carry out the construction of all Concrete, Formwork and steel-fixing works on the footbridges.
The Contract provided for:
- H10 has a clear square span between abutments of 26m while
- H14 was a skewed abutment construction and had a clear span of 31m.
- The works involved temporary works design including scaffolding design and erection and formwork design and erection for all abutment pours.
- Detailed fair faced façade finishes to the concrete abutments as shown in the photos below.
- All Labour, plant and materials associated with the bridge abutments construction.
- Coordination and arrangement of supply & delivery of materials through the Olympic site.
- Working adjacent to and in close proximity of the Lee navigation waterway.