Source Civil were appointed to carry out all Civil works to Design & Build 3No. Wastewater Treatment Plant in Kilkenny on behalf of the Main Contractor which included the construction of 3 no control building and ancillary works.
The overall project included the following:
• Design & Construction of 3 no. Wastewater Treatment Plants in Kilkenny including network upgrades and outlining pumping stations.
• 14mx 6m x 5m In Situ Concrete Tank; Deep Pumping Station incorporating sheet piling circa volume 260m3. In exceptionally difficult & confined triangular site surrounded by 2 rivers and a public roadway.
• Design & Construction of 11 no Precast Concrete Tanks with Wall Heights of 4.5 meters with diameters ranging from 6 meters to 9 meters as well as 9 no smaller precast tanks.• Directional Drilling of HDPE Rising Mains whilst upgrading the network.
• Included 1 no directional drilling river crossing and culvert crossings
• Upgrading the existing sewer networks to connect into the new system.
• Ancillary works including access roads, footpaths, fencing and landscaping.