This project provides for the improvement and upgrade of the existing Wastewater Treatment Works to improve the treated effluent quality discharging to the river Suir and also to act as a sludge Reception location to receive and dewater various forms of sludge from other plants situated in North Tipperary. The contract allows for the improvement and upgrade of the existing works along with the construction of new items of plant mainly, Control Buildings, Phosphorous removal, Sludge Thickening / Reception and Dewatering facilities and weighbridge facilities at Thurles, Co Tipperary. Source Civil teamed up with the Main Contractor where we carried out all civil & buildiing works associated with the contract.
The works comprised of the following:-
• Site Preparation and Groundwork’s.
• Precast concrete piling of the building to a depth of 10m.
• The Construction of a Ferric Sulphate dosing tank bund and ancillary equipment.
• The construction of a 270m2 10m high steel framed sludge reception/dewatering building including all building services and associated works.
• Works to the building included circa 500m2 of fair faced and plastered blockwork and associated windows, doors and ironmongery. The building also had a number of internal partitions separating the various rooms.
• Installation of process pipework between the various structural elements
• 900m of Kerbing, 1,100m2 of new access road, footpaths and gravel areas.
• Picket Fence Thickener.
• Final effluent Measurement and sampling chamber.
• The Construction of a pit weighbridge facility.
• Supernatant pumping station.
• The instillation of service ducting to extend and replace the existing ducting.
• The installation of process pipe work between the various structural elements
• Duct Chambers.
• Base works and plinths.