Source Civil were appointed to carry out all Civil works to Design & Build 3No. Wastewater Treatment Plant in Kilkenny on behalf of the Main Contractor.
The works comprised of the following works:
The works comprised of the following:
• Temporary works including cofferdam with 4m deep sheet piling
• In Situ Concrete Tank with 450mm thick walls (13m x 5.9m ID x 4m)
• Directional Drilling of HDPE Rising Mains whilst upgrading the network.
• Included 1 no river crossing and culvert crossings
• Design & Construction of 3 no. Wastewater Treatment Plants in Kilkenny including network upgrades and outlining pumping stations.
• 14mx 6m x 5m In Situ Concrete Tank; Deep Pumping Station incorporating sheet piling circa volume 260m3. In exceptionally difficult & confined triangular site surrounded by 2 rivers and a public roadway.
• Design & Construction of 11 no Precast Concrete Tanks with Wall Heights of 4.5 meters with diameters ranging from 6 meters to 9 meters as well as 9 no smaller precast tanks.
• Construction of 5 no tanks with working volumes of 257 m3 and 4 no ranging in size from 71m3 to 139m3.
• Upgrading the existing sewer networks to connect into the new system.
• Ancillary works including access roads, footpaths, fencing and landscaping.