These works were undertaken as part of a scheme by Cork County Council to upgrade the Sewerage System in Cloghroe Co. Cork. Source Civil was appointed as specialist civil contractor by the Main Contractor. Source also assisted in redesigning sections of the planned work to execute the works with minimal disruption and a better quality product for the client.
The works comprised of the following:-
- Site preparation
- Design and build of the Cloghroe pumping station, combined storm overflow tank, storm overflow screen and all associated M+E facilities.
- The pumping station and storm overflow tank was constructed 4m below the existing water table. Therefore it was necessary to incorporate a sheet piled cofferdam to prevent ingress and construct the storm in a safe manner.
- Design and build of 850m of 160mm OD PE Pipe rising main within the public roadway from the Cloghroe Pumping Station to a head manhole on the R617.
- Design and build of the upgrading of 632m of deep sewer pipe ranging in size from 525mm to 225mm from the existing network to the proposed pumping station site.
- Design and build of the proposed sewer rehabilitation works to the existing foul sewer. This work involved the rehabilitation of grade 4 and grade 5 defects as noted on the CCTV survey. Including cleaning, removal of obstructions, localised repairs and a final CCTV survey and report.
- Sealing of 9 manholes