As part of the Glasgow’s Strategic Wastewater Upgrade Project Springhill’s CSO & Pipeline Replacement was a key piece of infrastructure to be installed as part of the scheme. Barhale were contacted by Scottish Water to undertake the project whereby Barhale contracted Source Civil to undertake the works taking into account our previous experience of such works.
The works comprised of the following:
- 240m of pipeline consisting of the following diameters:
- 250mm Ductile Iron
- 375mm Concrete (Twin line)
- 450mm Concrete
- 750mm Concrete
- Construction of a CSO (Combined Sewer Overflow) 5m x 7m x 2m deep alongside a roundabout on the Springhill Road consisting of an insitu concrete structure.
- Live connections to 4 separate points on existing Manholes.
- 9No. Precast Manholes 1.2m dia to 1.8m dia 2m deep.