This project consisted of the construction of a New Foul Sewer Line and Pumping Station (2.4m dia x 3.0m deep precast unit) with associated mechanical and electrical works in Shannon County Clare.
The works comprised of the following:
- Construct a new foul sewer pumping station with duty and stand-by pumps, valve chamber, rising main together with foul sewer rising main discharging to a new foul sewer manhole and then to the existing foul sewer manhole at the northern end of the Shannon Industrial Estate.
- Installation of rising by a mixture of open cut and directional drilling methods.
- To redirect the foul sewer effluent from the entry point to the existing treatment plant into the new proposed foul sewer pump station.
- Decommission the existing waste water treatment plant site, excavate and dispose of it off site.
- All associated M&E works.