Source Civil were appointed to carry out all Civil works to upgrade the existing Wastewater Treatment plants & local network of Ballylongford & Tarbert in County Kerry on behalf of the Main Contractor, this included .
The works comprised of the following:
- Over 3km of gravity sewers & rising mains ranging in sizes from 150mm, 225mm to 375mm diameter.
- Installation through open cut and horizontal directional drilling methods.
- Upgrading of the existing sewer network incorporating house connections
- New Wastewater Treatment Plants at Ballylongford & Tarbert including network upgrades and outlining pumping stations. The plants are sized to serve a population equivalent of 2,300.
- Large In Situ Concrete Tanks circa volume 1166m3 (Ballylongford) 1605m3 (Tarbert)
- 4m Deep Pumping Station & Storm Tank in very confined area incorporating sheet piling.
- Vacuum Sewer System & Vacuum Station at the Wastewater Treatment Plant to transfer sewerage from existing network.