Source were appointed to carry out all civils works to the Design & Build of an upgrade to the existing Waste Water Treatment Plant at Hacketstown, through the provision of a new SBR Process waste water treatment plant on the same site as the existing live plant.
The works comprised of the following:
- New Wastewater Treatment to serve a population equivalent of 2,000.
- Bulk Earthworks for SBR Tank Construction
In Situ Concrete SBR
- Tanks 12.5m wide X 19.9m long X 5m high
In Situ Concrete Storm tank and inlet buffer tank 12.45m long X
- 5.8m wide x 5m high.
Construction of 60m2 office / administration
- Control Building space.
Ancillary works including access roads, footpaths, fencing and landscaping.
- Demolition of existing wastewater treatment works.
- 8 no. Reed Beds for tertiary treatment totaling 2350m2 were to allow sufficient drying
time before removing the treated/dewatered sludge.