Leitrim County Council awarded the Design Build and Operate contract for new wastewater treatment worksat Dromahaire, Drumkeeran, Kinlough, Kiltyclogher, Roosky, Cloone, Jamestown, Ballinaglera, Killarga & Drumcong to Response Engineering. The project was procured by public tender as a DBO contract with a long term operating contract of 20 years duration. The design population equivalent for the plants ranges from 100 PE to 2,600 PE. The contract included for the installation of 15 new pumping stations and rising mains. The contract also involved the Interim operate & management of existing WWTP’s until the new WWTP’s were operational. All construction work was carried out on confined sites while the existing plants were operational. Source Civil Ltd partnered with Response Engineering Limited and carried out all civil works associated with the contract.
The works comprised of the following:-
- Construction of insitu concrete aeration tanks + associated clarifiers
- Installation of over 20 deep pumping stations up to 6m deep
- Installation of over 5,000m of gravity pipework ranging in depths from 1.2m
to 5m deep and over 300m of HPPE pipework in extremely poor ground
- All site works including 5,000m2 of macadam, 2,200m of kerbing, fencing
and landscapes to 10 treatment plants and 6 outline pumping stations,
Control buildings ranging in size from 80m2, 60m2 and 50m2s .
- Over 1000m of pipe bursting and replacement.
- Site Preparation and Groundwork’s
- Bulk excavation
- Inlet Screening Chambers
- Inlet Pumping Stations
- Control buildings ranging in size from 80m2, 60m2 and 50m2s
- In-situ reinforced concrete tanks
- Pre-cast concrete tanks
- Connection to existing inlet and outlet pipe works.
- Interconnecting Pipe work and Ducting
- Duct Chambers, Base works and plinths
- Outfall pipe work