Source Civil Ltd was appointed as the main contractor to carry out works to various sections of pipelines in the north of the county. Source Civil was responsible for the roles of PSCS, PSDP, Designer and Main Contractor. The project was carried out in an environmentally challenging environment.
Construction by open cut and trenchless technology installation of over 10km of the following HDPE SDR 17 PE100 RC Watermains by means of Horizontal Directional Drilling, Butt Fusion welding was predominantly used for the jointing of the 100m stringers while Electro Fusion welding was used at the connection points:
Phase 1 – Site Investigation Works
• Carry out site investigation & Traffic Management
• Carry out a full topographical survey
• Update the proposed route on the Indicative Design Drawings
• Design connection details
• Produce a Design Risk Assessment (DRA)
• Carry out Value Engineering Workshops to minimise costs to client
Phase 2 – Mains Rehabilitation Works:
-Laying of the following SDR 17 PE100 Water main by means of both Open Cut and Horizontal Directional Drilling:
- 4km of 180mm dia – Termon to Kilmore
- 540m of 180mm dia – Gartan Bridge to Booster PS
- 530m of 200mm dia – Booster PS to Church Hill
- 1.5km of 180mm dia – Ray to Rathmullan
- 1.3km of 180mm dia – Millbrook to Rathmullan WTP
- 570m of 200mm dia – Millford East
- 840m of 180mm dia – Goldrum to Milford Town
- 1.3km if 180mm dia – Bunlin Bridge Milford Town
- Construction of all connection details, chambers and valves.
- Construction of the above watermain including the crossing under of 16 no. Culverts. (HDD installation)
- Replacement of the existing service pipes.
- Testing and sterilisation of the new water mains.
- Temporary & Permanent Reinstatement of all groundworks.
- Pipelaying works in and around Lough Gartan by trenchless technology (HDD) in the Leannan Special Area of Conservation.