These works were undertaken as part of a scheme between Multyfarnham GWS & Westmeath County Council to upgrade the existing group water scheme network, including metering and pumping to increase capacity and quality of the water supply to the Multyfarnham area.
Source was employed as the main contractor and helped redesign sections of the planned work to execute the works to minimise disruption and provide a high quality product to the client.
The works comprised of the following:
- Site Preparation and Ground works
- Installation by both open cut and directional drilling of 6km of HPPE Water pipelines of various diameters sizes ranging from 90mm, 110mm 125mm & 225mm in a combination of road & verge.
- Installation of all sluice valves, hydrants, air valves and bulk meters to the new mains, including chambers and marker posts.
- Testing & Chlorination of all new water mains.
- Reinstatement of roads and verges.
- Installation of all service pipes from new water mains.
- Installation of 355No. water meters & chambers.
- Design & construction of a new Pump sump and settlement channel.
- Design & installation of new pumps, chemical dosing and monitoring equipment.
- Design & Construction of a new pump house.
- Installation of new booster pump sets and kiosks on the network.
- Decommissioning and demolition of existing pump station
- Upgrade of access road to the pump station.
- All associated M&E works.
- Connection to existing systems.