This contract involved the upgrade of the existing water treatment works at Kilteel County Kildare. The water treatment plant supplies potable water to the Kilteel GWS area. Source Civil were appointed Main contractor and PSCS to Kilteel GWS and carried out all Civil & M&E works associated with the contract as well as designing the chemical dosing and storage building.
The works comprised of the following:
- Site Preparation and Groundwork’s
- Installation of temporary access road.
- Demolition of existing Storage reservoir.
- Construction of a new 100m3 precast concrete potable water storage reservoir.
- Pipe work from existing source and to existing distribution mains.
- Installation of bulk water meters and chambers on the existing distribution mains.
- Design of chemical dosing and storage building
- Construction of chemical dosing and storage building.
- Installation of chemical dosing equipment.
- Insulation of water monitoring equipment.
- Installation of telemetry equipment.
- Electrical installation.
- Concrete footpaths and parking area.
- Fencing to perimeter of the site