These works were undertaken as part of a scheme between Sliabh an Iariann GWS & Leitrim County Council to upgrade the existing group water scheme network, including metering and pumping to increase capacity and quality of the water supply to the Sliabh an Iarainn and Miskawn GWS customers.
Source Civil were employed as the main contractor and helped redesign sections of the planned work to execute the works with less disruption and a better quality of product for the client.
The works comprised of the following works:
- Installation by both open cut and horizontal directional drilling of 31km of HPPE Water pipelines of various sizes (63mm, 90mm, 110mm 125mm & 180mm Ø) in a combination of road & verge.
- Installation of pipe work over bridges and under rivers.
- Installation of all sluice valves, hydrants, air valves and bulk meters to the new mains.
- Testing, chlorination & swabbing of all new water mains.
- Over 50 live “tie-ins” to existing pipe work in a complex arrangement of pipe work connections to the existing network.
- Installation of 355 no. domestic water meters & chambers.
- Installation and setting up of “drive-by” water meter reading and management system.
- Design & construction of a new 190m3 water storage reservoir.
- Design & Construction of 2 new pump houses.
- Construction of 2 new booster pump station sites.
- Construction of access road to new and existing reservoir sites.
- Upgrade of existing access roads to the pump station.
- All associated M&E works.
- Connection to existing systems and new treatment plant.
- Installation of new meters, valves and PRV’s with chambers on existing network.
- Reinstatement of roads and verges.